- Plant in partial shade at the beginning of the rainy season.
- Place in a hole that is as deep as the tree’s pot and two times as wide. Fill the hole up to the level of the pot.
- Add mulch around the tree 6 inches from the base.
- Thoroughly water the soil and mulch ring every day until the tree is established.
- Fertilize at the beginning and end of the fruiting season with an organic slow release fertilizer.
- Prune and shape the tree as it grows.
- Be careful using herbicides as they can damage a young tree’s trunk and surface roots.